Can't connect to xbox live, going crazy!

okay so for the past two weeks i haven't been able to connect to xbox live, i am currently using a 3G mobile broadband modem using a direct connection from my computer and then an ethernet to my xbox, which in the past has worked perfect for me, just to confirm that my ISP was not the cause of my problem i ahve contacted them and they have confirmed that all ports on my connection are infact open. Also i have checked and confirmed that all of my ICS settings are in fact all correct. The problem i am getting is that my console connects both to my network and the internet fine, but when it comes to connecting to xbox live it reaches a 1/3 of the way to connecting then just goes back and forth until it eventually fails and i get the error message that it cannot connect to the xbox live service, on the few occasions that i have managed to connect i am disconnected either instantly or within roughly 10 minutes of connecting (Also when i try to reconnect i have the error that there was a problem signing in as my console cannot contact the xbox live service.) After 2 weeks of frustration and trawling through many forums to try and come to some sort of conclusion as to what my problem could be, i thought it may be the ethernet connection on my console, but now know this is not the case as my xbox is currently connected to xbox live and running perfectly fine at my girlfriends house. I then thought it could possibly be the port on my computer but now i am unsure as why would my xbox connect to both my network and the internet in the first place if my port was to blame. I have also thought i could possibly have a dodgy ethernet cable but i know this also not the case as i do have 2 ethernet cables which i have tested and know that they both work fine.  Also notably i have been recieving on many occasions the IP 169.254.x.x which i know is an error in my console being able to make any sort of connection service with my LAN   have also tried to use static IP connections.). If somebody could please shed some light on this ridiculous and annoying situation i would much appreciate it, as you can see i have done my research on this and have still come to no avail so i'm getting very frustrated with it now because i really want my xbox live back :( anybody that has any sort of input or could in fact help me solve this situation please reply and get me back on to xbox live because i am going crazy here trying to figure out as to what the cause of this could be.

Thank you  in advance to anybody that actually takes the time to read this and/or replies.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 61 Applies to:

Hi there K4L4SCHNIKOW, if there is something that we CAN help you with, please create a new thread instead of bumping one that's been dead for more than a month. Thanks in advance!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey mate, let's try this. Can you please bypass the laptop and establish a direct-modem connection, just to be sure the console and connection are OK? Don't forget, you'll need to reset the modem when you do this. If that doesn't resolve the issue, try re-establishing that network bridge from scratch, by following these steps.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="R3COIL 117"]

... i am currently using a 3G mobile broadband modem using a direct connection from my computer

[/quote]

[quote user="Mister Fitzer"]

Can you please bypass the laptop and establish a direct-modem connection, ...

[/quote]

Would that work and you use a dedicated 3G modem, or are you using an USB stick to connect to the 3G network (in which case bypassing the PC won't be possible)?

[quote user="R3COIL 117"]

...Also notably i have been recieving on many occasions the IP 169.254.x.x which i know is an error in my console being able to make any sort of connection service with my LAN   ...

[/quote]

Well, you're almost on the right tracks. The 169.254.X.X IP address is an auto-configuration IP address, if the Xbox doesn't find a suitable DHCP server that issues the console a proper LAN IP, the Xbox chooses such an IP automatically.

On your Laptop try to turn off internet connection sharing, and make sure the LAN Port is automatically configured by Windows. Then turn on Internet Connection Sharing again, and see if the Status of your LAN connection shows an IP of 192.168.137.X, as well as the Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

im am going crazy without internet my stupid dad turned it off so dumb im gunna kill myself i couldnt play xbox live for like 2 months im going crazy ***!

Sorry this didn't help.