CANT CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE ERROR 80151006

I don't understand this error. I tried to correct it joining xbox live but that didn't work. I have a profile and an account so why are they not connected. First it said my password was wrong (which it wasn't) and now this. This is infuriating and I wanna fix it. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

On account.live.com:

1.  sign into your account.  You sign in with the E-mail(we call it a Microsoft Live ID) and your password

This just verifies that your password is correct if not then click on can't access your account and follow the instructions carefuly from there

On the Console:

2.  You do not have to be signed into any account just go to the dashboard.  

Go to Settings > System Settings > Hard Drive(or Memory Unit if a 4 GB system)

3.  Go to Profile.  Select the profile that is having issues. >  Delete Profile !Important delete the Profile only not the Profile with items choices

4.  Press B once and select System Items (it is near the bottom of the page)

5.  Select Marketplace Data and delete this(if this file is not here skip to the next step)

6.  Seclect Optional Media Updates and Delete this(if this file is not present skip to next step)

7.  Press the B button twice

8.  Press the Y button over the Hard Drive(or memory Unit)

9.  Select the third option Clear System Cache.  Confirm the maintence by selecting Yes

10.  Repeat step 9 three times

11.  highlight the Hard Drive(or memory Unit)

12.  Press LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X while highlighting the Hard Drive

13.  Delete all Updates

14.  Your Xbox console will now restart.  

15.  When prompted to install the new updates select Yes

On account.live.com

16.  on the left select Personal info

17.  Update all information needed and save at the bottom(you do not need to fill out the work data)

18.  Next Select Security Info

19.  You may be prompted to enter in a security code sent to an E-mail or Cell phone you choose which one

20.  Make sure there is a Phone number present if not select add and it will verify this with a code

21.  Make sure there is an alternate e-mail address if not select add and it will verify this with a code as well

22.  On the bottom there is a Secret or Security Question.  If it present and you know the answer to it leave it alone if not please change this

23.  On the top of this page you will see Two-step verification.  Make sure the Blue Link sates Set Up Two-Step Verification and not Turn off two-step verification

24.  Make sure you set up Two-Step Verification to include an App Password

25.  Turn off Two-Step Verification.

26.  On the Left of the screen there is the word billing.  Click on that

27.  This takes you to a new page and select Profile.

28.  If the information is correct leave it if not click on Edit and change the information.  Don't forget to save

On the Xbox Console:

29.  At this time your Updates should be done installing or just about finished

30.  test your network connection(Settings > System Settings > Network > Test Xbox Live Connection)

31.  download your profile (Press the silver X or Guide button > make sure you are signed out of any profiles > Select Download Profile)

32.  Use the Microsoft Live ID and the password.

33.  If these steps did not work please call 1-800-4-my-Xbox

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.