Cant Connect to Xbox all the time, however the issue changes constantly.

I just signed up with Time Warner Cable for new internet. When i try to connect to xbox live, it would say connected. However, when i logged in, if i tried to play any games online or talk to friends, i would get disconnected. So i would rerun the test again. It would then pop up with "cant find IP address", so, i would manually enter all the info. After testing yet again, it would pop up with "unable to determine DNS servers" so i again manually edited the information to match what my command prompt gave me, and now it takes roughly ten minutes floating between the router icon and internet, with its final error being "internet error, cant access the internet." I have tried multiple hardware resets, and factory default resets, but it keeps coming up with this error, with no reasonable way to solve it. Seemingly, every time i correct it, it seems to find something else to throw in my way.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

Hey DarkStubbles! I'm sorry to hear about the onset of connection issues. To help you out can you let us know the brand and model of your router and modem? Can you also press 'Y' for more information about your test connection results and let us know that information provided? Thanks! Let us know if you have any further questions. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.