Can't connect to parties, friends games, or private chats

So for the past few days I have had a problem connecting to my friends Parties, private chat, and even connecting to each other in a lobby, example: the call of duty black ops lobby(s) (zombies or xbox live), and not only for that game either... any game we try to connect to each other with. it just does not let us join each others, anything!!
this happened between me and one other friend of mine over xbox live and I thought it was just a network problem... because when either of us tried to join the others party invite... we could not, it just told us it may be a network issue or something like that. and the next day we could connect just fine... BUT! now we cannot connect at all.. to anything... and same goes with some of my other friends now! it's as if now it's happening to more people than just the 2 of us, and they are having the same exact problem so I know it is not just me and my one other buddy now.

What's going on Xbox???? recent update problem maybe?? I don't know.

I would not be so confused and pissed off it this were a free online service but the fact that it is not free and I am paying for this glitchy b/s is extremely irritating... and kind of makes me feel like I am just wasting money.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Did you update your router or did it automatically update for you? It may have changed your NAT settings and if it's Closed than you can't connect to anybody else. That's just one possibility but there may be others.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ya I will be sure to check my router and tell the other guys to do the same. It's strange, I can play online by myself but it doesn't let us connect to each other... I was able to join a friends party last night but then other nights it doesn't work... I will be sure to call tech support as well.

thanks for all your help!! :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, let me know what you found out to resolve it.

Sorry this didn't help.

it must be a NAT type problem your having two of my friends have this problem whenver we play cod if one of the two trys to host and the other with a diff NAT type trys to connect to the game or the friend that will be hosting trys to send an invite to the other they cant join so i have to be the host anyways sorry to bore you with that gibberish unless its information to you usually all you have to do to reset your NAT type is unplug your modem and your router for a good 10 seconds plug it back in and your NAT type should be open.

Sorry this didn't help.

Usually these issues are not caused by XBL nor XBL updates, they usually are affected by a bad internet connection (probably issues with your modem/router). Before anything else you should check with your ISP to see if the problem doen't come from their side. If its not the case and the problem persist i then suggest you get in touch with Xbox tech support (1-800-4my-xbox or via twitter)

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem. my friends also been having the same problem

Sorry this didn't help.

If you can play online by yourself, then it's an issue with your router. You or another one of your friends NAT setttings have changed (switch it back to OPEN) and the situation should be resolved. I had the same issue once before.

Sorry this didn't help.