Cant connect to network

So I have tried manually putting in the everything, restoring factory defualts, and restarting the modem and xbox.   After every time I do so , when I test the connection, the xbox will get stuck trying to connect to the network forever without any error messages popping up.  I have connected it to different networks but it will not connect to the one in my house.  Any suggestions on how to fix this??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Hello,

all I can tell you without the answers to the questions Hassassinade has posted is general troubleshooting knowledge.

1. The Modem

You need to restart your router and modem, usually by unplugging the devices themselves. Leave them disconnected for at least 30 seconds, then reconnect your modem. Most modems have lights that represent working processes in the modem, so if you have one with lights wait until they are at the ready status.

2. The Router

Plug back in your router, and wait a bit (30 seconds should be good). You may want to use a different device to see if your internet is working well, so you can narrow your problems down to Xbox-specific. After these general resets, your connection should be good.

Alternatives

If your connection does not work after resetting your modem and router, you may need more specific work done. This will most likely be changing settings on your router. I can tell you how to open the router settings and do general troubleshooting on it, but you will most likely need specific help from your router's manufacturer.

Your router's settings can be found by putting your IP address into your address bar on a browser. Your IP can be found by opening command prompt on your PC (type in cmd on the Start search menu) and then typing ipconfig into the cmd prompt. The line that says IPv4 is the address you will use to access the router settings. Now routers are very complicated, so don't freak out. Make sure that the connection type is on Auto-Config, as this will make the router dynamically work on connection types. Additionally, you will want to make sure your firewall settings allow your Xbox 360 to connect to your internet.

If this did not fix your problems, you will want to contact your router's manufacturer as I said earlier, or you may want to call your internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How are you connecting your XBOX 360 to the internet? Wired/Wireless?

Who is your internet service provider (the company who you get your internet from)?
What is the make and model of your Cable/DSL modem?
What is the make and model of your router? 

Sorry this didn't help.

maybe your home network has a firewall you restrict your xbox connection and you should refer to the support area of your modem/internet provider cause as you said is not a problem (properly) from your xbox

Sorry this didn't help.