Can't connect to network

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA/Pennsylvania
Modem brand & model number: -
Router brand & model number: SIEMANS Gigaset SE567       I do not have access to the internet page for this router. It belongs to Frontier communications. I called their tech support and asked about the DHCP issue with the XBox and was told first, that DHCP is the default operating environment. Second, I still have computers and a playstation that all have access to the internet through the same router, so there is no problem with the router. 

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired Wired connection to wireless network

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?

Connection Problem is intermittent; began with a when power blinked during a recent storm. XBox, router are both plugged into a surge protector. This setup has worked for years until now.
Things you have tried: Manual IP ;  restarting internet hardware; all steps on xbox/network/help.com; called my ISP, result above. Traced wire connection from console to router and checked connections. Tried an older xbox, same problem resulted; same test result: IPAddress.
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown   -Unknown
Is NAT Type Open?  -Unknown
Any Error Codes you encounter: 

Error Status Report

W: 0000-000B

X: 4000-1001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 0000-0000

ID: FFFF-FFFF

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?  -DSL

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? -Frontier Communications

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen?  - "Can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem"

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 193 Applies to:

It is possible that the storm surge took out your Network port on your Xbox.  That can happen, even with surge protectors.  If that is the case, you need to send it in for repair.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, it's not because of a storm surge.  I'm having exactly the same problem this morning and so are many others.  It's after the update.

Sorry this didn't help.

so am i, i really have no idea though, simpl ybecause it was working the other day wiht a freinds wireless, then i used a cable to my computer, and my computer has wireless, but it isnt working, it said enable my DHCP but i dont know how, i tried going to "www.xbox.com/networkhelp" and it doesnt exist anymore, somebody at least tell me how to enable DHCP?

Sorry this didn't help.

Go to your computer,go to run,type in: cmd,a window will open click on it,type:ipconfig,the you see your default ip adress it usually 192.168.2.1 192.168.1.1 once you see the ip adress right it down,go to to enternet browser type the ip then on the left you'll find alot of options click dhcp it asks login just click login without typing anything it logs in then you can change DHCP

Sorry this didn't help.

I had my xBox connected to my home wifi network and everything was working fine. For security reasons I changed my password on my Apple Extreme router and of course this has effected my xBox connection to my network.

So I went in and selected my router name and changed the password to my new password. then when I selected done it checks the network connection but this fails every time and at one point it said there were "two network connections with the same name" ?. Now everything else in the house has had it's password changed and all connections work except the xBox. Is there a way to reset the xBox to clear any residue network settings?

I play battlefield3 games online and at the moment I'm completely stuck.

Can you please help?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Spring! It sounds like your console is still stuck on recognizing the old network setup. Try resetting your network settings on your console and then set the connection up from scratch. Below are the steps to do the reset; try them out and let me know if that helps, thanks! 

1. Turn off the Xbox 360 console.
  2. If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, unplug it from your console.
  3. Turn on the console.
  4. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  5. Select Network Settings.
  6. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  7. Select Configure Network.
  8. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults
  9. Turn off your console.
  10. If you were using an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, plug it back into the USB port.
  11. Turn on the console.
    Wireless connection only: You will receive a message to configure wireless settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.
  12. Test your Xbox LIVE connection. To do this, press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings. Select Network Settings, select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so), and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.