Cant connect to live

I live in an apartment with multiple wall jacks for the internet cord. I can connect in one room but not in another. it tells me to restart the modem.. doesnt work then tells me it may be blocked by the isp or firewall. We dont have an actual modem where i can change the settings but since it works in one room i dont understand why it wont work witht he same internet in another. Thanks for your help in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

That'd be an issue with whatever ISP you're using that's hooking up the service in your apartment. I know of a couple places like this in Vancouver, Canada that have these sorts of setups. You don't actually have access to your router only the ISP does, and they are the only ones who can make changes to it. More than likely, there's a problem with the port in the other room that's causing this problem. Since you can connect in one room and not the other this would be my best guess. It doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the XBOX. I would contact your ISP for assistance on this issue and get them to come out there and see what could be up with the other room.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ok this may help you maybe because you live in a local apartment u may not be able to go on because either too many users using the internet at once or you dont not have a strong enough connection hope this helps you bro :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.