Cant connect to live on games

I can connect to live and play minecraft and join my friends partys but when i try black ops 2 or modern warfare 3 it wont connect and says i cant reach the call of duty servers please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Hi A55A551N74!

Sorry to hear that you're having a difficult time getting online with COD. Could you start here by reading that post and providing us with your network info? Everyone's home network is different and the more we know, the better we can help you. If you haven't already, I highly recommend that you re-download your profile to ensure that you don't have any profile corruption.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and retry.

In addition also make sure to check your Xbox's storage device for corrupt files under your COD save files. Corruption on the HDD can occassionally cause game specific disconnect issues.

If you have additional questions for the community feel free to ask us!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.