cant connect to internet

i plugged my xbox into my wireless modem via an ethernet cable(that ive tested to make sure it works) and it acts as if there is still no cable pluged in. i plugged the ether cord into my laptop to check its connection and it worked fine.i cant afford to pay $99 plus S&H for an xbox i literaly just bought at a pawn shop for $94.also my bro inlaw has the same problem with his xbox thats upstairs.we both cant connect to my internet.im hopping its just my modem but idk. if its the xbox then i hope to god the pawn shop will let me exchane it since we just bought it. im realy starting t get mad as i just bought a 3month gold card for my bros bday for him and we cant return t and dont have alot of money to get something else for him.if its the ethernet port then could i buy one off ebay and fix it myself?is it as simple as adding hardware to a computer? or should i go to a computer repair shop?realy need a quick fix that wont cost more then 1/4 of what i paid for the darn thing.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Elf! I understand you are having some issues connecting to LIVE. To get started, can you please visit this guide (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) and post back with the answers to the bold questions. Also, when you run the connection test, does it fail between the console and the network, the network and the internet, or the internet and LIVE? Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.