Cant connect to EA Games on Live but cant play others

Hello,

sorry i know this is a bit repetitive. I cant connect to EA games to play BFBC, but can play call of duty fine. When i get into to battlefield and select quick match it just says i cannot connect to EA server.

I have recently moved and only had internet etc installed yesterday (23rd sept), so dont know if thats the problem - maybe my internet needs to be on for longer?

I did a connection test and that originally told me i had restriced NATs so i googled that and folowed instructions on my BT homehub wiresless version 2 to sort it. Before i did this BFBC2 would let me into choose match serction, but after i  did it i cant even get that far.To make matters worse trying to get back to my bt home hub page just gives me a DNS server error, so i cant try changing the settings back!! Help!

Now when i do a connection test no error message about NATs comes up but if i press Y i get this and i have no idea what to do, i just want to play BFBC2!!!

Please help!:

error code W: 0000-000B X: 0000-F001 Y: 20A8-4840 Z: 0000-0000 ID: FFFF-FFFF

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

That's not the actual Xbox LIVE Connection Test Error Message that is something for other troubleshooting .. run your connection test:

Turn on your console, press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.

Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

If you get an error message select More Information and post the error message that you see under more info.  As for the BT Homehub you would need to contact your ISP and most likely have then walk you through how to reset it to default settings.  Also for the EA Error you that is a game specific error so you would want to contact EA as it is saying you are unable to connect to their servers .. however from what you have said you are able to connect to the Xbox LIVE servers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.