Can't connect no matter what

I have tried every single help file I could find on my problem, nothing is working.

Xbox Live won't connect to my network. It says it can't get the static IP address. I've got an ethernet cable hooked up from Xbox to laptop, and laptop is on a wireless network. My router is a D-Link. I have an IP address, but Xbox seems intent on not picking it up.

I've tried restoring network settings to factory default, I've tried restarting router and modem and xbox, and I've even tried manually entering the (old and unique) IP address in. I've been on my routers config. page to check if my DHPC setting is on (it is), and to add an alternate MAC address. I am at a loss of what to do now.

Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

same problem here!! dont know what to do... sry... i think maybe the server is down or something

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually did you look at the cmd command on your PC to copy the MAC address and enter it into the Alternate MAC option on the XBOX? That helped me connect - from not being able to connect at all - however now it keeps disconnecting randomly, but at least I can reconnect from the dashboard. My router is also a DLink-655. And not only I have a wired desktop and a wireless laptop - but also a PS3 and Wii, bot connected wireless - and absolutely no problem, no disconnection at all from any of the devices?!?!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.