Can't connect in PC game

Ok first to be honnest: I don't give a damn about GFWL, I don't even know what I'm doing here, in a "XBOX" forum. I asked nothing, never wanted to join this, but well, it all started after buying GTAIV (on Steam), requiring registering (among a lot of other crap) GFWL, which I did. I will spare you the irony of the amazing piece of coding that thought, after I didn't bother picking a birthdate, assume that I was a newborn from 2011 (makes sense) and told me that I needed an adult account to allow me (in english, because obviously a newborn can read). I quickly gave up & could never run GTAIV.
I also remember GFWL requiring me to show a valid credit card # in order to "prove I'm an adult", is this even legal? Fortunately later I appeared registered, without doing this.

Months later I bought another game, Street Fighter IV, without reading the fineprint. Oh no, GFWL again! And, same crap. Because it never wanted to connect, I created another account (resulting in the same (in french) "oops it looks like you found a problem" webpage as it did months before).

Anyway I have at least 3 accounts now, and none of them works, the game just says (in french) "downloading the profile can take several minutes, don't leave the game". Except that nothing moves. That big dot on the left, is that a progress bar, should it move? How many minutes? Do 15min count (would be hilarious if it really took 15min to "download a profile").
I tried downloading the GFWL standalone client (as if I really needed this on my system..), that one accepts all of my accounts. But the game doesn't, well I don't know since it doesn't give any error either.

So do I play something I've bought? I already hated Steam for requiring to be online to play an offline game, but at least Steam "works". Why does it have to be so annoying to install something these days? I know this is a war for "whoever will pwn the game market online", but remember the days you bought a game, simply installed it, and it worked? Ok at that time configuration troubles were common, now they're still common, but marketing came to bother us even more..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I was also informed that an offline profile could be created. But it apparently has ZERO use in Street Fighter IV, when using an offline profile the game still prompts that you should connect, and will still not save any setting locally!

& why is this forum not aknowledging my replies? Even a forum you can't do right??

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You might get more help if you post this in the GFWL forums - forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.