cant change my wlid but i get to last page?

ive tryed to change mywlid but i get a email or password is incorrect message at the page were it shows the current wlid and shows the wlid i have entered that i want it to b changed to!! which makes no sence? cuz if either the address or pass word is wrong at the first page they wont let u move to the 2nd page where u enter ur new wlid & password and if anything is wrong there u cant move to were they ask u to confirm if u are sure u want to change ur current WLID to the new WLID, but i do get this far ? currently im using the one i was trying to change it to wit a new gamertag but would rather figure this out bn im loosen 13,000 gamer pionts errr !!!! so i no nothing was wrong wit either WLID's ive even called support and me and dude tryed for 67 min LOL wit both of us just giving up in frustration!!! my WLID is as old as the first day 360 came out ive bn told that mite b d problem ! ive already got 5,500 points on my other gamer tag so if ur as confused as me & phone support are no worries

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there! What domain is the email address you are trying to change it to? If it's not a Hotmail or Live address, have you visited live.com to set it up as a WLID? Also, is all of your personal information on your account filled in properly (name, address, etc)?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

it was a hotmail address and all info was change/updated on liv.com so yes info is correct and like i said i didnt change anything after my 10 to 20 attempt's LOL (i have a hard time given up) when i used that WLID  to make a new gamer tag with no problem!!!! it has to b sumtin wit d old one kuz it isnt recognized or sumtin even tho i use it to sign in to here? it's very strange ??

my old/current  WLID has my EX's name in it and my GF that i have a baby wit REALY isnt happy about that :-) LOL so i sarted a new profile to keep tha peace!!! i just hate the 8,000 G diffrence

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, can you clarify exactly what steps you are taking to change your WLID, where you have an issue, and what exactly does the error message say. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

ON my xbox i go to dash board, then to my profile, then to manage account, then on (your info) page i select windows live id, then select change windows live id, then it ask's if i have a WLID to change to, i select yes, then it brings me to the first page my current WLID is shown & i fill in the password & hit A to select, which brings me to the 2nd page i put in my WLID that i want to change it to & enter the password then press A to select sign in, which brings me to the 3rd page where it shows both my current WLID & the WLID i want it to b changed to, i press A to confirm the change and then i get the message that my "email address OR password isn't valid. please try again" but if i make even one mistake with either the password or WLID on either page they will not let me move to the next page so all info is correct this is why im so confused !! ive even purposly mad a caps or (  .  ) mistake in my email & or password and it picks it up & will not let me move forword ...... so idk !!! i have a ref# from my 67min phone call to support if that will help u im not sure if u have access to the info or not? if u want it let me no how to give it to u !!! THANK"s

Sorry this didn't help.

I didn't see an answer posted, but did you make sure to fill in all your personal account information? Name, address, etc? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

That's weird its shown up on my side & yeah all info is correct

Sorry this didn't help.

When was the last time you had tried to log into this account on the console, and on any LIVE.com sites?

Sorry this didn't help.

Last night & the night b4 that & i loged into it a day or two ago I try to change my WLID LIKE EVERY WEEK IF NOT TWICE A WEEK LOL

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, I should have been more clear - I meant before you attempted to change your Windows LIVE ID for the first time. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I checkt it often then for a couple months like 6 LOL I didn't but then ran into dis problem. Is there any way to change it?? I mean I would hope so! !

Sorry this didn't help.