Cant change my Privacy settings!

Hi, when i go to change my Privacy settings i get this exact message "Your Privacy settings are in place, but cannot be changed untill we connect to the service" even though i am connected to Xbox LIVE and signed in, when i go to Skype it says im a child when i know for a fact it is not a Childs account, what can i do about this? i have already restored my Xbox One to factory default and tried to add my profile to a family under settings to no avail, this is all concerning one account by the way, any help or advice on what to do is appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 91 Applies to:

can you go to www.live.com and look at the birth year on the account.  It may be wrong and have you set as a child account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi LXGYT, I'm having the same problem, and it appears as though this is a large-scale problem/bug as it seems to be affecting many others right now.

I've done a little bit of investigation and have determined the following.

First, go to the web link which allows you to change your privacy settings:

account.xbox.com/.../Settings

Once there, choose the "Xbox One Online Safety" tab.  Then set the following three options to "block" and click "save":

Share game clips

Share content made using Kinect

Share on social networks

Once you've clicked "save", then immediately set these same three options to "allow", and click "save" again.  Then log back into your account on your Xbox One console and check to see whether it will allow you to change your privacy settings.  Would you be able to try that and let us know whether it worked, for investigation's sake?

If it does, it's not necessarily the end of the issue I'm afraid, as I have found that any attempt to alter your privacy settings again from this point on will likely mean that the problem will reoccur and you will be faced with the "Your privacy settings are in place, but cannot be changed until we connect to the service" error message again on your console.

Hopefully someone within the Xbox One/Live team can take this brief troubleshooting on board and investigate the root cause of this issue ASAP?  Many thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

IT WORKED!!! thank you so much, your tip worked completely and i hope MS can read this message, i was upset untill now and it does seem like a bug, ANYONE WITH THIS PROBLEM follow this guys help!, thank you again

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried to do this but when I clicked save the page didn't refresh????

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there EliteSaturn!

I went ahead and replied to the previous thread that you posted in. Please go ahead and check the thread so we can help get this issue sorted.  Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.