Cant Buy Xbox Live

So im 17. obviously have a parental account, for some reason, i cant add payment methods on MY account but i can on my parental. at first i thought it wasnt a big deal cause id be able to just buy xbox for me off the parental account but ive found no such option. is there any way to buy myself xbox live without having to buy the 3month card, cause id like to take advantage of the sales that go on.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If you have a family plan you can not add xbox live time directly to the child account, it must be added to the parent account to be activated on the plan.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

we dont have a family plan. im the only one who uses the xbox, i created the parental account sincei  had no choice, ive always used prepaid cards. but the 3 months for 10$ deal on the dashboard seemed nice (obviously) so i decided to try getting that but i cant add payment options to my account

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems then you should be able to add a payment option if your not in on a family plan, Is something wrong with the region of the payment and your account?

Sorry this didn't help.

no, last i checked paypal and visas were accepted in canada

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Dubith! What I'm reading is that you are on a child account and want to add payment information to it, but you can only do so on the parent account, is that correct? If you are over 17, you should be able to Promote your account to a full adult account, and this should allow you to add payment methods, LIVE time, and everything else. Let me know if this helped, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

i just feel annoyed that i have t ogo out of my way to get live. and thanks for the help mister gwyther but it didnt help :/

1) im not quite 18 yet.

2) i called xbox support and they seemed to have no idea what i was talking about.

3) was i the only one not intellegent enough to fake my age to get live or what? i imagine that there must be a way to get live just for a ''child'' account. i would just find it plain stupid to buy a family pack for 1 account.

all i know is at this point i regret having a 360.. almost wishing i had a ps3 -.-'' seems less complicated

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again! In most regions, the age for promoting your account is 17. Did you check under Account Management to see if you can find this option? Also, exactly what happens when you try to add a payment method? Do you get an error of some kind? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.