Cant buy points (again)

Trying to buy MS points for xbox live but cards, paypal keep getting declined 'Your payment instrument could not be authorized. Please contact your provider, or try a different payment option.'

Funds are not an issue, address etc should match fine, some days I can buy points others I can not. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I would suggest if its an urgency, just going to the store and buying a points card or the next time your there, just stock up on a few. Sometimes, the payment servers 'online' can be having issues, or something as simple as the expiration date's on your cards have changed and you have forgotten to update that info. Not saying that's what it is, but sometimes the smallest detail can cause the overall problems.

You can always phone into support and tell them you would like to make a points purchase, they may allow an over the phone purchase if you tell them you are having issues with the online service. Its also recommended you try buying the points directly from the console or here on Xbox.com instead of the Microsoft website for the cards themselves, as they can be region locked depending on the amount. (though since you succeeded in purchasing a few times I doubt that's your issue). You can always try an online retailers website for points cards, like Best Buy or Amazon as either way you will have a card shipped to you.

Hope some of this is helpful. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

None of the volunteers here in this DIY gamer-to-gamer forum have the account access required to fix this for you. Suggest you go to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:4:3 and click on Request A Call to connect to an Xbox Billing Agent.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this problem too, after buying xbox live gold for 3 months i cant proceed to buy micrsoft points for games. Can anyone help me with this?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there JJXJAWX123!  We can help with that!  Can you please make a fresh thread detailing exactly what you see when you try to purchase games?  Please include any error codes you get and we'll figure this out. :)

Sorry this didn't help.