Can't access wireless network settings with TRENDnet wireless adapter

I'm using a TRENDnet TWE-647GA wireless adapter for my xbox. I got it during Christmas, and it worked great. However, now I am back home trying to use it, and my xbox does not register that I have a wireless adapter plugged in. The adapter is an ethernet connection so my console only understands that there is a wired connection. I don't know what happened to make it not recognize it anymore. Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

If you changed locations then it would be connecting to a different network, adapters that hook up via ethernet to the console have to be configured on the computer first to the network you want the xbox on, and then after they are configured they have to be hooked to the xbox via the ethernet.

You'll have to reconfigure the device using your computer for you home network and then hook it back up, it should have come with the documentation to get the configuration done.

The reason that it doesn't recognize as a wireless adapter is because it isn't, it's a wireless bridge with it's own software built in that tells it what to do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.