Cannot update Xbox Live

Originally, I did the update as soon as it prompted me ton and it downloaded and installed. It brought me back to the update download screen, which I thought wasn't needed so a pressed cancel. At that point my Xbox froze a little (which it does from time to time) so I turned it off; since then, I haven't been able to download the update at all and keep getting this status code: 40A3-0000-3080-0506-8007-045D. I've searched around the internet and called Xbox support but I've gotten different answers and solutions which haven't worked. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to fix fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm having a similar problem where I had to cancel and turn off. I've seen this addittional download before. I call it the "WHOPPA"

I had to go out and needed to turn power off. I assumed the download would resume where it left off when I came back home later but it didn't. download bar started from beginning, this time taking so long there was obviously something wrong. I turned off again only to get the same super slow going to take all night speed. About halfway through the download bar the picture through my HDMI failed. I restarted Xbox 360 again ... NOTHING. No picture!!!

Attached AV cables and got picture back, at least I could see what was happenning. I thought at this stage perhaps it was something to do with my TV but the same thing happend in the same spot on the download about half way through. Now I have no picture via HDMI OR AV!!!

I haven't turned of console since losing AV picture and I'm hoping that when It finishes downloading the update, it will have fixed itself... Fingers crossed.

Brand new XBOX 360, only used literally a few times in the last three or 4 weeks when I bought it.

Have you tried going into System settings>Storage> Press Y on the Hard Drive u use select Clear System Cache.This will remove any updates.Then power off and it should redo the update

I tried this a couple of times but it still does the same thing.

I was just able to get it working. I had to download the update to a flash drive and load it on the Xbox. Thanks for the help, though.

how do you get it to boot from the flashdrive?

The same thing happened to me. When I start it up, it asks me to do an update, so I do but it stops when the green bar is at one inch and after a few seconds it says: "Can't connect to xbox live. To test connection go to system > network > test connection. Error code: 416B-0000-0080-0300-8007-045D"

I have the same problem same error code have u fixed it yet??

the same thing

I'm getting the same problem. My console does not recognize the memory stick with the update in it and I'm getting the same error.

Your usb stick must be configured to FAT32 for the 360 to recognise it.