Cannot update Xbox 360. Not even sure if I'm connected!

I am totally lost at this point. The Xbox seems to be crashing a lot now. Every time i run a live connection test, it crashes when it gets past the internet connection. I have not been able to connect to Xbox live. I was prompted to download the updates last night and it started, but then the internet went down. It may have been that i was using a bridged connection on the router because when I restarted it, that was enabled, but it wouldn't connect with it enabled. Look, I'll just give the error codes and all the other info I can and see what you can do. 

Modem Brand and Model Number: I don't know. Is that different to the router? I seem to only have a router. Or only have a modem. I don't know.
Router Brand and Model Number:
.Eircom Netopia 2247NWG
Wired or Wireless connection:
Both. Or at least, I've tried both.
Update Error Message:
Update Failed. Can't download update, etc.
Update Error Code (6 sets of 4 digits/letters each): 40A3 - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007 - 2751
What you've tried: Everything? Restarting the router/modem (whichever i have).  I've tried both wireless and wired connections. I've tried a bridged network connection. Static NAT set up. I've tried downloading the updates and putting them on a flash drive. Xbox didn't read them automatically, gave up. Tried putting updates on a Disc. Xbox won't load disc. Look, I don't even know anymore. Most of this is way over my head. Please let me know what I can do.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello,

you need to Port Forward your Netopia 2247NWG-VGx Router for Xbox Live 360. Check the link below for a step by step guide:

portforward.com/.../Xbox_Live_360.htm

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I've already done this. I used the instructions from that page. I'll try it again, but it didn't work the first time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.