Cannot update to adult account - customer support claims I found a "loophole"

I cannot update my account to an adult account.  I created this account several years ago, when I was under 18, hence the child account status.  I need to accept the new terms and agreements to update my status, but I need parental permission to accept the new terms and agreement.  I am in an endless loop.

I contacted customer support and they told me that there should be an email address listed when it takes me to the "parental permission" page.  However, there is not an email address listed.  After more frustrating time on the phone trying different methods to solve this issue, the customer support representative told me there is "nothing anyone can do about this" and that I am "stuck in a loophole".

I don't mind creating a new account, but I will loose my previously purchased Microsoft points, as well as my friends list and my achievements.  I'm not all too concerned about the achievements, but loosing the other two is infuriating.

Is there any work around?  If not, please fix this issue, as a brief search on the internet will show I am not alone in this situation.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Hawk!  If you don't know the Parental Email, it should show it in the Terms of Use.  I'm not sure what you're talking about the "Parental Permissions Page" but it does show it when you go to accept the Terms of Use. :)  Once you get that email let us know.  If you still can't seem to find it, then you will need to get in touch with Xbox Phone Support and verify the Parental account in order to get that rolling. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, but I already tried this.  The email does not show in the Terms of Use, nor does it show when I try to accept it.  It takes me to a log in page that states "Parental Approval Required".

I also tried the Xbox Phone Support, which is when I was told that I found a "Loophole".  I don't know if I trust the support representative over the phone because he seemed very unsure himself and stumbled through his words, riddled with "Uhhh"s every two seconds.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can trust phone support.  The agent you spoke with might have been new.  Also, just tel them you need to know the email to the parental account of your account.  You will be required to verify the Parental account such as the address, phone number, full name and more.  Once you verify the account, then they will be able to give you that email. :)

Sorry this didn't help.