Cannot: Update by any means, create live account, recover gamertag or play xbox original games

What Country/State/Province do you live in? : Tasmania, Australia
Modem brand & model number: 
Billion ADSL2+ unsure
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired
wired
Things you have tried: updating via DVD, thumbdrive with FAT32 formatting, ethernet cable to internet. Playing original games (doesn't work), plays 360 game(s), tried to recover gamertag, tried to sign up for xbox live (have made an account online now), cleared the memory cache (didn't help), formatted the HDD (didn't help)
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown unknown
Is NAT Type Open? unknown
Any Error Codes you encounter: Error messages either saying game could not start try downloading the game again, less commonly: xbox signing up or in is currently unavailable (status on internet says available)
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?  ADSL2+
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Netspace
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen? Everything says connected and all looks good

HELP ME PLEASE!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The servers have been screwy as of late. People can't connect to live, Make accounts, recover them either. Don't know why but they just are last I knew they fixed the marketplace issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, when you test the network connection it says connected, however you cannot access/ log on to xbox live

last night i also tried something which looked like it worked but thenj didn't, i pressed LB RB X LB RB X and said yes to delete the previous system update, then connected to live and it supposedly updated (took a while) but then it's back to the same problem (via an E68 error message, but its all good now)

Sorry this didn't help.

alright so i have half worked it out, i disconnected the 20Gb Microsoft HDD and now i have connected to live, signed in, recovered my gamertag and downloaded updates, so it looks like he HDD is faulty, so i still cant install games or play original games, but going alot better now :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you able to log onto Xbox LIVE?

Sorry this didn't help.

RYNO8541 - Just to ensure we can assist you and the OP here in the most efficient manner possible, can you please detail your issue in a new thread after reviewing this thread carefully? forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx 

OP - I'm not terribly familiar with your router/modem model, but do you have the ability to place your Xbox in a DMZ? You might try that, and see if it affects anything. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue.  Cannot recover or connect to xbox live.  One attept at a download of an update started to work and failed.   I ve tried all the suggestions...unplug hard drive and wires  etc..etc... nothing.   HELP me as well.

Sorry this didn't help.