Cannot update brand new Xbox 4gb system

The below post is my exact same problem from another person's previous forum question. I have tried wireless connection, loading the update from a USB drive, and lastly wired directly to my router. I have plenty of connectivity but it appears to try and update and then acts like it doesn't have enough memory. The unit is brand new and has absolutely nothing installed. It shows 1.5 gb.s of free space. It shows 3 gb.s of total memory with 1.5 dedicated to free space? Update is only 146 mbs? Anyone know how to verify whether or not its a hardware or memory failure? I'm trying to update my Xbox360 Elite to the most recent dashboard update 2.0.16202; I keep getting an error code: 3f4a-000-3080-0502-8007-2ee2. Every time I try to install it via Xbox Live. I've tried using a USB with FAT32 formatting and the Xbox will not even register that it has the update on the device. Any help would be great.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Sorry to hear about your problem please have a look here first  forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/t/166045.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks. I have tried all of those. I have even been on a call with xboxlive support. They tried to transfer me to a hardware tech. But I was on hold so long I had to hang up. I just happened to see the post referencing my error code and the answer didn't really have a solution. So, I thought I would re- ask it since it looked like it was not still being pursued.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, does the console reach the dashboard ? There are a couple of things I would try, one being deleting the system update and trying to update again. The second would be to format the storage device and then try updating again.

-

Delete System Update.

On the console go to Settings/ System/ Storage

Highlight your storage device and press the following buttons in sequence on the controller.

LB,RB,X,LB,RB,X

-

You will be prompted to confirm deletion of the system update, the console will restart and attempt to update again. If you still have the update on a memory stick I would put that into a USB slot before trying the above so that the console will look for the update on the stick rather than trying to update using your internet connection.

-

Format a storage device

1.Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

2.Select Storage or Memory.

3.Select the storage device that you want to format and then press Y on your controller.

4.Select Format. You will see the following message:

This will delete all content on this device. Do you wish to continue?

5.Select Yes to format the storage device.

6.If you are asked to enter your console serial number, do so and then select Done. This step helps to guard against accidental formatting.

The console serial number is located on the back of the console and behind the oval door on the front of the console.

Bananas !!

Sorry this didn't help.

I did reformat the storage and restaredt with the usb installed to force it too extract it on restart. It gets about 10% extracted and stalls and then displays the error code 3f4a-0000-3000-0903-045D. New error code

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you try deleting the system update before trying to update again ?

Bananas !!

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried and it did nothing. I tried it several times actually. I assumed there was nothiung there. It restored my free space to 2.9 gigs though.

Sorry this didn't help.

It worked!!!! I figured out that I was pushing the triggers under the lb and rb buttons. I don't know how to thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

You already did, thanks for taking the time to post back.

Bananas !!

Sorry this didn't help.