Cannot sign into Xbox Live because of HDMI cable.

Whenever I try to connect to Xbox live using my HDMI cable, I can never seem to stay online for more than a few seconds or so until it constantly disconnects. Everytime I try to play a game singleplayer or multiplayer it instantly disconnects yet again. When, however, I switch to my deafult AV cables, My xbox connnects and stays online with no problem and I can play online with no dissconection or lag. So, I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if anyone would like to shed light on solving this frustrating annoyance. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Duck! That's a rather odd issue. If you haven't already, can you try this with a different HDMI cable? Also, can you try testing it on another TV with the same and a different HDMI cable in order to see if there is a common factor here. Please let us know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i have the same problem some time ago. i fix mine by using internet bridging with a laptop. recently i fix it by having to wireless router in the house, many people have this problem as far as i know no one actually fix it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried with a different HDMI cable? are you able to borrow another xbox and try your hdmi cable in it to see if its the xbox port ?  have you tried connecting the hdmi cable in the front & back ports?

My xbox wont connect to HD at all whether it be through the cables with the HD option or through hdmi cable though I have no idea what the problem is as i've tried swapping all the different parts and everything works seperately

Sorry this didn't help.