Cannot sign into account, needs security proofs

Whenever I try to sign into my account (I left on the require password every time option) it always shows this "Add Security" box and tells me--- Already on your account: (insert email here)@hotmail.com Pick which one to st up next: Set Up Email Set Up Text Set Up Phone Call I tried to set up a different email from the one it shows on top and from the one I use for my xbox account, and when I finish, it tells me they can't use my proof until I verify it at https://account.live.com/p but whenever I go there it's only the page to log into outlook.com. I don't know what email to sign into so I use the email I just put in but I don't see how I can verify it. I tried logging into the email that I use for xbox but I don't get anything. I sign into the one that they show on top but still see nothing. Next I put in my phone number to get the text and they send me a code, so I put in the code but it's the same thing, they can't use it until I verify it at https://acount.live.com/p. Again, I don't know which email to sign into when I put in this address. I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. Whenever I try to press B to cancel these options it doesn't let me log in, it just sends me to the dashboard, so I try to log in again, by putting in my email for xbox and the password, and it's the same "Add Security" box. I don't wish to use the "Set Up Phone Call" option because making direct calls is not an option for me. To make things less complicated, I'm using 3 different emails: the one for xbox to log in the one the "Add Security" box is showing on top of the page and  the one I tried adding to the "Set Up Email" option. <--- I use this email for another xbox account. I tried changing the security options on the first email for xbox by resetting it, so I can put in the third email, but it won't work until after a month passes. I don't know what this can do, I was hoping if I reset the security, the "Add Security" box will display the third email instead of the second email. I don't wish to wait a month, so until then, I'm out of options. Is there ANYTHING ELSE I can try? Is there another way to make this work? I've tried searching for the answer, but nothing is ever specific, so I'm trying to be as specific as possible.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 90 Applies to:

I forgot to add this, this is the security error code it sent me: 80049c0b

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Kipperdance,

Really sorry to hear you're having issues signing in with your security proofs.

It sounds like you've tried the steps for checking your security proofs but I would also check out Moving or download your profile using the steps in our 80049C0B error code page.

If you're still having issues, I would click the "Contact Us' link at the bottom of that page and choose Chat with Microsoft Support or Request a Call from Support. They'll be best equipped to look into your account with you and get things sorted out.

Please keep us posted on how everything goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.