Cannot sign in on xbox for whatever reason HELP

Hello everyone,

as you can tell I am extremely frustrated with xbox live at the moment. I subscribed to a 1 year subscription of live and things were going okay until last week when it wanted me to put in my password for security proof. Okay, so I put it in. Then for whatever reason when I click next it gives me an error code saying "sorry, something's wrong with your microsoft account." I have no idea why, especially because I can sign in onto the computer perfectly fine (this account I'm posting on is the account I play live on!! so what gives??)

I desperately need help!! I would like to have this situation resolved asap please.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

By the way the error code I get is

831188FE

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm gonna try that in the morning tomorrow probably...

Sorry this didn't help.

1) Go to http://account.live.com and sign in there with the Microsoft ID (formerly the Windows Live ID), the email address used to create your XBL account.

2) Click on Update Email Address to replace your Microsoft ID with a new one. It may prompt you to add 'proofs', security data needed to recover your account and verify your identity.  If so, please provide that information: If not, then we'll catch up in the next step.

3) Sign out, go back to http://account.live.com and sign in there with the new Microsoft ID.

4) If it did not already prompt you for the security info, go down towards the bottom of the Account Summary page and click on Edit security info to add in the your cellphone number, an alternate email address and the Security Question and its Secret Answer. Save the changes then verify the 'proofs' you have just provided.

5) Then, go to https://live.xbox.com/Account/BillingAccountInformation?returnUrl=&abortUrl=&skin= sign in there and confirm the Billing Contact Information is up to date.

0) And, since these web pages are .ASPX pages, this is best done with Internet Explorer. If you don't have IE, Safari or Firefox are better than Chrome.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried this and resetting my password and things are okay now. Thank you! :D

Sorry this didn't help.