Cannot send friend requests

Hi,

Hopefully this is in the right thread! Basically, I created a second Xbox live account on my Xbox for my son to use. This was challenging enough due to the .com/.co.uk e-mail domain issues with the two account as has already been discussed elsewhere on the forums. However, now he finally has his account with his 3 month gold subscription he cannot add friends. Everytime he tries to send a friend request it simply pops up with an Xbox error saying it "Can't complete this process. Please try again. Fro more info, visit www.xbox.com/support." 

This is pointless as I cannot find the answer anywhere and even after scrolling though the forums I can find the same question has been asked but with no answer! 

I have checked all the privacy settings and content settings and I'm certain they are set correctly to allow him to send & receive friend requests but still no luck.

Not sure if it is related but he also can't play Minecraft now either. It keeps popping up with a message saying that another local profile has restriction settings???

Help please, can someone give me pointers in the right direction as to what 'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance

VS

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Redownload your son's profile or check the family setting as ur controlling ur son on xbox

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

does not work can you be more specfic

Sorry this didn't help.

Have the same issue I am not sure what is going on?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just logged in my profile gave my son profile all the rights, saved, rebooted, and still have the same problem. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I will be calling the customer service telephone number next if cannot find an answer on this forum.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there lemy1958!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.