Cannot see Cloud Storage Games - On Secondary Console when I download Profile and Select Cloud storage

Hello,

My daughter is playing Viva Piniata. I have moved her games from console A to cloud storage. On that console she can log in, start the game, select load game, pick cloud storage and bingo play her games.

On console B, downloaded the profile, cloud storage is enabled, can go to System and See the saved games. They say in sync.

Start the game, select load game, select cloud storage, no games. Matter of fact if we "moved" one of the games off cloud storage onto Console B, and tried to load from the hard disk, for which we can SEE the blasted game, but it will not show up in the game.

Any help is appreciated, so I can get my TV back and she can play in her room :-)

Thanks!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Thanks miss for the reply :-)

To be transparent lol, everything you asked me to do, i said i did in my original message. I even downloaded the profile multiple times and I can see the saved games on the cloud (on the other console). I also mentioned that I moved the game from the cloud to the console B and no that doesn't show up :-( it just doens't work its very odd.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same setup and the same problem. Any solution yet?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Meg. So do you want your daughter to be able to play her games on both consoles, or are you just trying to get her to only play on the console in her room? If you just want her playing in her room, you could just transfer her games via USB drive to the console in her room.

Also, have you taken a look at the Troubleshoot cloud storage issues on Xbox 360 support article? It's a great resource I would suggest checking out. 

Cheers! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mister,

I read that before yes but thank you for listing it. I am not totally sure what is the difference between transfering it VIA usb, versus transfering it via the Cloud. It is on her console, it just doens't come up as a possible "load game option". I will try it via the USB specifically though.

I would prefer that she is able to leverage the cloud and play it on both consoles as that is my understanding of the purpose of the downloading of the profiles and using the cloud.

I am going to ping people internally. There is no logically reason for it not to work.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also wanted to add a few other things

1. Console A is the newest Xbox (new black base)

2. Console B is the pre-gen (just before this)

3. They both have all updates

4. The account is a family account (I have a family 4 account)

5. On both systems when I look at Storage (Cloud), it says In Sync for all saved games for Viva

6. On both systems when I look at Storage (hard drive), as I did move a game, it says "created date which is correct", and "owner which is correct"

7. On both systems for the Cloud (it also says correct created date / owner)

8. Console A (where the games started) does in fact load them from the cloud, or if I move them back to the drive it works too

9 On Console B, when I select hard drive (because I did move one game), it does not get listed, but it IS in the Storage / Harddrive / Games & Apps saved games for Viva

10. On Console B, when I select Cloud, it does not list any of the games, even though under storage / Cloud, logged in with the correct profile, they are there and stated as In Sync

I really don't get why its not working and nothing I can do at this point, as I have tried everything possible, multiple times. :-( So much for XBOX / Cloud Storage / Profile Movement lol... Terrible too, as she has them on my profile account. I also wanted to move them to her account, which I know is.... technically not supported, but at least if I could get it so she could play it in her room... that would have rocked.

If there is anything I can try please let me know, i'm open to anything

Cheers

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, what the heck!  OK, please go to the sign in screen and use the Download Profile option and recover her profile.  If that doesn't get you access to the save, then you can also go into System Memory and manually move the save file to your hard drive while she plays.  Does that work?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, yeah I do agree with you, I'm not seeing a good reason why it's not working.  From what you've described, you're going through the steps properly.  Being two different models of console shouldn't make a difference either. 

One thing I could think of is that it's something specific just to this file.  (Like, for example, does she play any other games?  And are those files performing as expected with Cloud saves?)  Being two different models of console shouldn't make a difference either.  We could test that by moving the file to a USB, remove that USB from the system and then start another file in the Cloud and see if it behaves on both systems properly.

If it does work on both systems, then we know it's something with the file.  She'd have the choice of either just playing in the new file, or sticking with the USB. (Which I agree is less convenient, but it's good to have the option.) 

If in making a new file, that one doesn't behave properly either, I'd want to do a little more testing with files between the two system, both on her account and another if possible.  That'll help us better diagnose exactly where the hangup is. 

Make sense? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Pyrophore. This thread is a bit old. If you could go ahead and create your own, we will be there to assist.

Sorry this didn't help.