Cannot recover gamertag

I cannot seem to recover my gamer-tag. I usually have it set to auto sign in but for whatever reason it would not let me sign in when i started up my console. I have been dealing with support all week over various problems and figured that maybe they did something with my account and i just had to recover it. I go to recover my gt and as soon as it starts to download an error pops up saying that account creation is down. 

The error message is false because I can create a new account, I can also sign onto other accounts that are on my console with no problems.I have tried to contact support over this hours ago but they just kept hanging up on me. With all of the problems I have been having with support this is really starting to get ridiculous.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

have you deleted the gamertag from your xbox before trying to recover it?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I have done that. I have even contacted support about this. Was on the phone for 2 hours, got hung up on twice, and when a person was actually trying to help me we ran through every trouble shooting option they had, she even contact her superiors and all that they told me was that they did not know what was going on. This is getting out of hand. I am having to contact support way to often as of late because of stupid crap like this. After seeing other posts today it seems that my problem last night is starting to effect other people today.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing happening to me. All I wanted to do was to relax and kill some people on mw3

Sorry this didn't help.