Cannot re-install Halo 4

Today I purchased the Majestic map pack for Halo 4.  Well, needless to say, this opened a floodgate of Halo 4 issues.  I set the download from a remote pc and when I got home, I went to the settings tab, and then to the hard drive to see if it downloaded yet.  Well, under Halo 4, by all od the dlc content and such, there were big yellow circles with an exclamation point in each one.  So, I restarted my console, did the same thing again, except this time, the only thing that was still showing was our game saves under Halo 4.  It's as though the game uninstalled itself except for the saves.  So, I copied the saves to the cloud and uninstalled the game.  Then I cleared the cache just to be safe.  Afterwards I put in disc 2 which is the disc to download everything and started it up.  I was prompted to hit "A" to start the install, then the "save to" box popped up and I picked the hard drive.  Then I get a screen telling me that the disc failed to install and to put in the play disc.  But nothing really happens when I do this.  Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sup Duck! Sorry to hear your having Halo troubles.

Can you make sure you followed these steps to properly clear your partial download. 

1. Go to the Xbox Dashboard
2. Go to the “Settings” tab
3. Select “System”
4. Select “Storage”
5. Select “All Devices”
6. Select “Games and Apps”
7. Select “Halo 4” from the list of games
8. Select “Spartan Ops Season 1.0”
9. Select “Delete”
10. Select “Yes” to confirm
11. After it deletes that package, select “War Games” from the list
12. Select “Delete”
13. Select “Yes” to confirm

Post back and let us know how that goes. Cheers! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no more Halo 4 under games and apps.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you set a download from a remote pc, it will not download until your xbox is actually turned on.  The yellow exclamations mean, I believe, the file is corrupt or not finished downloading.  My suggestion would be to delete all the items with exclamations and redownload them.  

Sorry this didn't help.

So, I copied the saves to the cloud and uninstalled the game.  Then I cleared the cache just to be safe.  Afterwards I put in disc 2 which is the disc to download everything and started it up.  I was prompted to hit "A" to start the install, then the "save to" box popped up and I picked the hard drive.  Then I get a screen telling me that the disc failed to install and to put in the play disc.  But nothing really happens when I do this.  Please help

Sorry this didn't help.

Plus a new development with this.  When you insert disc 1, you are given the option to install the necessary files from Xbox live.  So I gave this a try, and it went to 1%, then back to 0, then to 1, and then to 0.  And then I am told that it cannot be downloaded.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm, OK so let me make sure I'm following.  Now that you've removed all corrupted files, you are still unable to install Halo?  OK, let's try this:  can you please clear the console's cache, then turn off the system, remove the hard drive, and boot it up without the hard drive in, then turn it back off, re-insert the drive, and try installing Halo.  Any luck that way?

Sorry this didn't help.

so, still can't play this game.  I also posted on Halowaypoint, talk about a joke. All this time and still no response from 343. very sad

Sorry this didn't help.