Cannot play online games on my xbox!

As the headline said, I can't play online. To give you folks the details; I can connect to xbox live just fine, as well as access the live market and so forth, but when I try to play, let's say Gears of War 3, the "party options" tab only shows "System Link" and "Local" as useable (white text) while the three above is not uneable at all.

When I try to check them anyway, it says:

"Your current gamer profile settings do not allow playing online games. To continue, all players must have settings that allow online play."

Now I think I've tried almost everything. I've reseted the network status, I've gone into settings and resetted it to fabric settings (not sure if I typed it right but anyways)
My point is, I think every setting I can find on network or live is put to allow, but I still can't play online.
Anyone got any tips or getting a familliar feeling with this and might be able to help?
Thanks! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 237 Applies to:

Yeah...your problem is that you are trying to play without a Gold sub and you can't.  Xbox Live has two types of accounts: Gold and Silver.  You have the Silver and as you have found out, you can't play online with it, but you can do just about all else.  Time to fork out money!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Happiestshelf!

To be able to play games online with friends you need to have a paid subscription to Xbox LIVE (Gold membership). Find out what you can do with the different memberships. www.xbox.com/.../join

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.