cannot obtain IP address....

Somebody please help me. I am so frustrated right now. I just went and bought the newer xbox that is wifi ready. I bring it home, hook it all up and play a few games. Meanwhile, I notice that in between screens and when loading new games etc, it is loading really slow. I then shut it down and since then I cannot connect to the internet. It keeps saying that it cannot obtain an IP address. I have been thru all the xbox.com/support ideas with the exception of adding the xbox MAC address to router list of authorized addresses. I have other wireless devices that are working just fine. I am using a Linksys Wireless-g router - Model wrt54gL. PLEASE HELP!

I think this resource will help you with your problem: support.xbox.com/.../kb.aspx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem. My laptop internet connection works, but the Xbox LIVE connection does not. I have tried that link and tried every single step, except for the PPoE settings because I don't use a username and password to access the internet, and I still cannot connect. I am using a modem with DSL connection and using an ethernet cable, which has successfully worked before and until just recently when I started receiving this error. This is extremely frustrating! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, if you have tried all the steps I would call your ISP and see what they say.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 5 Applies to: