Cannot log in to Xbox Live from laptop or Xbox 360. Email + password known and cannot find any help online...

So, I have this problem and I'll try to make it as clear and short as possible.

I'm a gamer from Finland and haven't had any reply from Microsoft yet (Finnish support) and I cannot log in to Xbox Live ANYWHERE.

I've been really inactive in Live for a few years, since I didn't have my old Xbox connected to Live that often, because of lack of free network cables usually. I've been playing a lot though and gaining gamer points offline.

Now the situation is this, I cannot log in to my Xbox Live-account anywhere!

My old Xbox got the E73 error this autumn and I couldn't play anymore, so I just bought a new console a few weeks ago. With the old console I could sometimes start it and the E73 didn't come and I could log in normally if I plugged the network cable in.

With my new console I cannot log in, and I cannot log in with any computer either. I can reset the password and I get the confirmation email, but everywhere it still says the "Email address or password is incorrect" even though it's surely right.

I've been wondering if my account is banned or something, even though I haven't done anything wrong, ever.

My wife plays with me all the time and we just checked if she can log in EVERYTHING WORKED with both pc and xbox. 

Could this have something to do with Windows Live accounts? Because my wife uses her hotmail and other Microsoft services quite often and I haven't used any other except Xbox Live.

Reseting my password doesn't help and I also created a new Live account, so I could transfer my old profile there, but it's not possible, since I cannot control my old account at all. It's still visible on my wife's friendlist, so I know it's not deleted or anything.

Who should I contact and is this a common error? I haven't found any help in this particular problem, since I don't get any errors or anything.

Both wireless and wired connections work, but just cannot join in Xbox Live.

The bottom line is, that I don't want to lose all my gamer points by starting a new account with new profile etc...

I want my old profile back and I want it soon, because I need to buy some DLC from Live and now I cannot do it.

Btw. I haven't been a Xbox Live Gold user in a few years, just having a free account for now with occasional DLC purchases.

If some one can help me or give me any tips, please do so and also ask me if I forgot something / was too confusing. It's so frustrating... 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Do you buy any chance have the hard drive of the old xbox? Also, if you obtain gamerscore offline, it doesn't save onto the xbox live servers until you connect to live again, it only stores it on the console harddrive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey.You may want to call suppuort and have them resend a email for that account.That should work..Good luck

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.