Cannot load games - ALL freeze at game start up screen - 0x80a30204 error

For the past 3 days I have been UNABLE to play ANYTHING. My xbox boots - I notice that i can see my friends online and i am apparently online - but it never says "signed into xbox live" or whatever says.  I have tried madden, fortnite, call of duty ww2, etc. 

I had gotten this error - 0x80a30204 ..... I can view the store...but tried downloading the avengers avatar....it says "downloading...." (Xbox original Avatars)  but never does. 

I checked my online/network status and "all is good".  Every game I try loads that game's first main screen.....and stays on it. 

This has been for 3 or 4 days now!! And I notice that that April UPDATE rolled out so I am thinking that messed something up!!! 

I have tried unplugging my xbox for a little while (AND a whole day) then booting - nothing!  I tried holding power for 5 and 10 seconds then turning back on after 30 seconds and a few minutes. NOTHING is freaking working!

PLEASE someone help!!! This is ridiculous!!

I cant even try to uninstall a game.....when I go to "Manage Game" the screen has the spinning thing (loading.......forever).  When I look at My Game and Apps...."Installed" , "Ready to Install" etc etc etc all have spinning circles and never load.... 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, this forum is pretty useless, huh...?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JohnnyTripleSix,

Hey there, let's try a quick factory reset of the console by following the steps in our factory reset guide. Please be sure to keep your games and apps installed when asked to do so.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 32 Applies to: