Cannot grant allowance.

when i try to grant my son allowance points it tells me it does not recognize the pc i am using.... so i follow the link to update info and remove everything and put in new info/alternate email/phone. I cannot verify any of the info i put into it because i never receive a code for anything. The only thing that keeps coming up to verify is an old phone that i do not have anymore. The page tells me my old info will be removed on 7/9/12. How do i fix this? do i need to wait till 7/9? I also posted a question here

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/liveid-wlsecurity/cannot-verifyconfirm-new-phone-alternate-email-or/d2eff4e3-cbf1-4c04-895a-84f1435549cb

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[quote user="Joeyddr"]

when i try to grant my son allowance points it tells me it does not recognize the pc i am using.... so i follow the link to update info and remove everything and put in new info/alternate email/phone. I cannot verify any of the info i put into it because i never receive a code for anything. The only thing that keeps coming up to verify is an old phone that i do not have anymore. The page tells me my old info will be removed on 7/9/12. How do i fix this? do i need to wait till 7/9? I also posted a question here

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/liveid-wlsecurity/cannot-verifyconfirm-new-phone-alternate-email-or/d2eff4e3-cbf1-4c04-895a-84f1435549cb

[/quote]What you can do to make sure that the verification code goes to the correct phone or e-mail, and add a trusted PC, is to go to http://accounts.live.com, to the right of Security, click Manage, and you can add your new phone and new e-mail there, and add your current PC as a trusted PC, as long as you use Internet Explorer, and have Windows Live Essentials installed.

That should sort your issue. Post back if you have any more questions. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

tried all of that and it does not work... i have live essentials installed..

Sorry this didn't help.

Still does not work.... akk u see up top of the screen is

Follow the confirmation instructions we sent to your existing security info or click on the confirm link below.

The following security info will be removed on 7/9/2012. If you're still using it, recover your security info.

problem is i do not have that phone anymore nor the number.. none of the send confirmation links work i click them and never get a code, this is so frustrating.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think you missed a step in your post. You go to the computer, and what's the first thing you're doing? Trying to sign into your primary account or the secondary account? Either way, this is a password reset issue at this point which would be handled on the windows live end since no one can reset your password for you over the phone. It's all done through the website http://login.live.com. Try there, or you can grant an allowance on the console to any other member of the family pack. Good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

i know my password, but i cannot even add points to my account from my pc. it seems to be still sending verification codes to my old phone which i do not have anymore.  I need to verify my new phone and alternate email. how do i get my old phone removed?

Sorry this didn't help.

That's odd. If you know your password, at which point is it asking you to verify this password reset information? What is it that it's saying when you are trying to grant points? There should be no verification code simply for granting points to a family pack. That will only happen when you do not know the password to whichever account you're attempting to log into and you're trying to reset that password. In order to access any of the old information to remove it from account.live.com, you have to sign into the account, and then go to security info and update the information. But this is once you're already logged in.

Sorry this didn't help.

this is what i get when i click next on grant allowance http://imgur.com/hbmvf  that number listed is not mine anymore i cant verify anything, i added a new number but it wont send txt to it.

Sorry this didn't help.

What you will need to do is post in the windows live forums to find out how to change your number from the old one to the new one. As far as granting points, what happens when you try to do this on your console instead?

Sorry this didn't help.

That works fine but as you see I already posted there and no answer... Check original post I put a link

Sorry this didn't help.