Cannot get "Play to" to work

I have been trying to get this to function correctly all day and I can't find a solution.

Smartglass works fine, Play to for Xbox Music works, but I cannot get it to play a video from any app. The Xbox launches the video app and says "connecting" and most of the time my PC says that it is connected. That is as far as it goes though.

I have tried it from internet explorer on my PC and from xbox video on my PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the video app on the xbox... I have cycled the power on the xbox and I've still got nothing...

Any ideas for how to get this feature to work?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have you tried from the Desktop? go to file manager and find the media file, then right click and select Play To from there. There's also a setting within your router that I had to change to get mine to work.

Can't remember exactly what it was but if you try what I have suggested and get back to me with your router Make/Model if they don't work. I'll have a browse and see what the setting was I needed to check.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes try from desktop.

Also what antivirus and firewall are you using on PC?

I've had trouble streaming to the xbox when I had Norton Internet Security installed.

I uninstalled Norton and now just use Windows firewall and Windows 8's built in antivirus and now streaming works fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

It doesn't work from the desktop either. Both of the videos are MP4 format. I have Verizon FIOS, so I'm using their modem/router.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have not gotten any HD quality MP4s to PlayTo XBOX ONE.  Only SD Quality.  I think they have a very limited implementation of PlayTo working on the XBOX ONE right now.

Sorry this didn't help.