Cannot get NAT open on XBOX ONE; stuck on strict.

I cannot get an open nat for three different routers I tried for the xbox one. I can only get an open nat when connected directly to the modem. However, I had to get my ISP to give me a static IP address in order to make this happen, as previously, I would get a strict nat when connected directly to the modem. In addition, the only way for me to get an open nat when connected directly to the modem is by manually changing the ip address of my xbox to my public ip address, since for some reason, when xbox does it automatically, I get a strict nat.

On three different routers (a belkin, cycsco, and netgear), I have tried wired and wireless, dmz, portwarding, disabling and enabling upnp, opening nat filter when applicable, and I am always stuck with strict nat through routers. What is going on?

For the purposes of this post, lets stick with my old belkin router (F5D72344-4v5) and my modem is an **** tm822. I still have my cisco router that I am not using. I returned my netgear router because I bought it only for the purpose of gettign an open nat, which it could not accomplish.

As a side note, which router is the best for open nat?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 297 Applies to:
Answer

Would this IP address match the first two dotted decimals as follows: 198.16.xx.xx? Which according to you would be a static assigned IP address.

Can you visit the Belkin website and make sure your router (model number along with hareware revision number) is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware. Don't use your routers web-utility to search for the available updates.

If your ISP has assigned you with a static, or fixed IP address, that shouldn't change, then you shouldn't have your routers connection type to your ISP set as "Dynamic". You should set your WAN - Connection Type to Static, along with the IP address, Subnet Mask and the IP address for your gateway. This information is provided by your ISP.

You can also connect your PC to your modem to find out about this information.

Open the command prompt (cmd) and type "ipconfig" (without quotes). Look at the "Ethernet Adapter" that correspond to the interface connected to your modem. This will give you information about the Default Gateway, IPv4 address, and the Subnet Mask that correspond to this subnet mask.

Keep us posted!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.