cannot fast switch to another controller

I bought another controller so that I have 2 controllers and the Energizer recharge station but either xbox wont allow it or the C.O.D.:Ghosts game wont allow quick switching of remotes. The whole reason I bought an extra controller was so that I wasnt slowed down by changing batteries and to also not have any issues with constant battery changes like broken tension springs from constant bending. If I am in the middle of a match I sometimes only have enough time to grab another controller and keep going but having to change batteries takes a minute or 2 depending if my other batteries are charged or not. The 360 did not have any issues with quick changing of the controllers so why is it starting now? If I want to use the new controller I have to actually sign OUT of the system and reboot which is frickin STUPID!!!!!!!

Has anyone run into this and is there a way of fixing this or am I S.O.L. with this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Exactly, it's STUPID and it needs to be fixed. It's not the games fault, the whole controller to profile thing is ridiculous. Let me fast switch if I want.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have two controllers and the energizer charging station as well.  When I need to change controllers there is no issue for me.  

Can you try holding the sync button on the controller (front) and the sync button on the console (left side near usb port) until the Guide button flashes to ensure both controllers are synced properly?

If that doesn't work and you haven't done so already you could also try heading over to Settings and updating your controllers as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.