Cannot Download Update Status Code 3CD6 - 0000 - 3080 - 0502 - 8007 - 045D

Whenever I try to connect to xbox live it ask's me to download the system and It comes up with Status Code 3CD6 - 0000 - 3080 - 0502 - 8007 - 045D. It say's cannot download update. I have tried updating through usb and cd but both times the xbox extracts the update, restarts the xbox and I try to connect to xbox live when signing in and once again it ask's me to download the latest system update and the update fails. I have googled this status code and can't find it anywhere, could someone please help me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

I have the same problem as zebacka. I dont have a storage device sence the slim doesnt come with one, but i turned on my xbox this morning and it asked me to create or download a profile so i was going to download mine and it asked for the update. It then said UPDATE FAILED... Status code 3cd6 - 0000 - 3080 - 0503 - 8007 - 0070. Check internet connection and so on... Someone please help

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

why doesn't support just answer on this thread instead of making people start a new thread? I can't ever find the new one if anyone ever even actually makes it. I have the same problems, am currently chatting on support with someone who is clueless and recommends googling everything and all i can find from official support is "make a new thread" grrrrrr xbox. Maybe it's finally time after 10 years of loyalty to switch to the PS3

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having update problems similar to these. Whenever I turn on the xbox, it asks for an update. And during the downloading process, it usually freezes in the middle and the loading bar restarts. Eventually, it gives up and so far, I received these status codes:

3F4A-0000-3080-050C-D000-016B

3F4A-0000-3080-050C-D000-0185

I  have looked online for both of these status codes, and have only found the second one. I tried the Xbox support solution that the code suggested (support.xbox.com/.../software-update-errors), but still no luck. I couldn't find the first one at all. Please help in anyway.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, lelu! Can you please create a new thread for us by clicking this link: forums.xbox.com/.../addpost.aspx. Please be sure to include a full description of your situation including all the steps you have tried so far and we will be happy to jump in and assist. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Tgeekster it did not work at first but I was able to install the update through the usb with the xbox hard drive out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, deathstreak143. Could you create a new thread for us and be sure to include a full description of everything you have tried as far as troubleshooting steps go? We'll be much better equipped to help you in a separate thread. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, but I have to install the update with the USB configurated with Xbox?? Or simply with a clean USB??

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Zebacka,

According to Xbox support page here the code indicates that there is a problem with your stoage device and sugest to follow the below steps

A storage device (memory unit or hard drive) was not found during the software update. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off your console.
  2. Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives, or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.
  3. Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.
  4. Turn on the console
  5. Try updating the console again.

-

Let us know if this works for you or if you need further assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.