Cannot Convert Child's Profile to Live Account

I've got an Xbox 360 with an Xbox Live Account and Gold subscription.

My 10 year old son has a local profile on the Xbox 360 which I now want to convert to a Live account with his  own Gold subscription. However, when I run through the process to set him up as a Live account (even before doing the Gold bit), I put in all his details and then my details to confirm I am happy for him to have a Live account but at the end of the process (after putting in my CC details) it says the Xbox Live Signup service is unavailable.

I've also tried going to the Xbox website and logging in as my son (as he already has a Microsoft account) and then converting it to a Live account.  However, on the page where I click Accept for the Ts and Cs it just hangs on that page and then after a few minutes goes to a blank page.

I've tried Microsoft Xbox Live Chat support but that was a waste of time.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 71 Applies to:

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

This can be do to one of several reason:

• There’s missing or incorrect information in the parent’s or the child’s Microsoft account.
  • Two-step verification has been turned on for the parent’s Microsoft account. (This is for Xbox.com only.)
  • The security information on the parent’s Microsoft account has recently been updated and is in a 30-day waiting period for the updates to take effect. (This is for Xbox.com only.)

Please see the Can’t Complete Parental Consent for Xbox Live Child Account article, read over it, and follow those steps.  Post back to let us know if you still need assistance or not.

Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.