Cannot connect

I have gotten a new Xbox 360 slim 250 gb. When i try to connect to xbox live it says I need an update. I could not download it so I put it on a USB and when I first got on my Xbox it showed the console being updated but after it says that I need and update to access xbox live but it is not available. I have opened ports for my Xbox, unplugged the router for 30 seconds and various other solutions. If someone could suggest a solution I would be very thankful.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Heya Brandon. Yes, Taidara is suggesting that you use a wired connection directly from your modem, to your Xbox 360, bypassing your router. Then restoring your Xbox network settings back to the factory default.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Vibroplex: I have a belkin router I live in Michigan and my ISP is AT&T. Everything else should be fine. Sorry I can't post status code because I am away from my Xbox for the rest of the week

Taidara: Are you suggesting a wired connection?

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings brandonzhu!

If you do not have a modem built-in router, try bypass your router and connect your console directly to your modem. Before you try this, power off your modem for a couple of minutes. Turn on your modem and wait one minute for it to connect properly. Connect your console. Turn on your console and restore Xbox network settings to factory defaults. Press "B" on your controller and run a connection test to Xbox LIVE (Test Xbox LIVE Connection).

Post back and let us know how it goes. 

Sorry this didn't help.

did you disable UPnP before you set up Port Forwarding?

What is the error message when the update fails?

please send us the info we need from forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx so we may work on this further.

Sorry this didn't help.