Cannot connect to Xbox Live

Router brand & model number:  ZyXEL Keenetic Lite

Test fails at the first stage (Network). My adapter seems to be changing between showing a constant green light and blinking green.

Network Connection Type: Wireless

WPA2-PSK

I've disabled MAC filtering, tried to use manual IP input. I cannot use DHCP though, because it practically disables my connection. Resetting settings and the router didn't help either.  UPnP is enabled.
Is NAT Type Open? Not quite sure about that one.

My error code was: W, Y and Z are all zeroes, X is 8000 - 0011
I've got cable Internet.

I'll provide any other info needed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

You should be able to use DHCP.  If enabling DHCP does something bad, then there is something drastically wrong with your network setup.     Exactly what happens when you enabled DHCP?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My PC starts receiving wrong or none info from provider and therefore there is no proper connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is your PC set up to use DHCP from the router?

Sorry this didn't help.

Does your modem have a router in it too, if so your router and modem may be conflicting because you will need DHCP in most cases to use the network.

I suggest that you reset your router and setup your network essentials (Wi-fi and password only) then follow the steps below.

• Turn off your console.
  • Wireless connection only: Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter from the USB port.
  • Turn on your console.
  • Remove the old saved network and add the new one.
  • Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  • Select Network Settings.
  • Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  • Select Configure Network.
  • On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults.
  • Then go through the steps to run the connection test.
If you need any help feel free to contact me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Firstly, welcome to the Xbox forums please can you try to ... Log on to your router's web-based configuration page and check the DHCP setting. Refer to your router's documentation for help turning on DHCP.

If you change the DHCP setting, restart your console and router.

Test your Xbox LIVE connection (go back to Network Settings, select Wired Network or your wireless network name, and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection). ....

Turn off MAC filtering temporarily on your router to see if MAC filtering is preventing your console from connecting to Xbox LIVE.

Add your console's MAC address to your router's list of authorized MAC addresses.

To change MAC filtering settings on your router, refer to your router documentation or the hardware manufacturer's website. If you change your router's MAC filtering settings, restart your router before trying to connect to Xbox LIVE...

If you are using an external Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, unplug the adapter from your console.Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.Select Network Settings.Select the name of your wireless network.Select Configure Network.

On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults. When prompted, select Yes, Restore to Factory Defaults.Turn off the console.Plug the wireless networking adapter back into the USB port (if you're using one).Turn on the console.

Try entering your wireless network password again...

Press the Guide button on your controller.

Go to Settings, and then select System Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select the name of your wireless network.

Press the Y button on your controller to disconnect from your wireless network.

Select the name of your wireless network again.

Enter your wireless network password and then select Done...

For more information please visit support.xbox.com/.../cant-connect-to-xbox-live-wizard

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, everyone. Please be mindful of the original post date of a thread before replying. This will help prevent the inadvertent bumping of very old threads such as this one from May 2011.

With that said, please let us know if you need further assistance, smtngfunny, and we will be happy to help. :)

Sorry this didn't help.