cannot connect to xbox live

Just been reading these posts, as I have been having this since last Thursday too. I am with Virgin and live near Ebbw Vale Heads of the Valleys. I too have been through every possible solution that xbox live team could suggest and talked in length with my routers manufacturers.....tried a 2nd router too. But, after reading all these posts, I am glad I am not going off my 'rocker'......this has all been doing my head in, always thinking of different things I could try  lol. Going to get onto Virgn and do a Victor Meldrew on 'em lol. I've been with them for 12 years, but I think it may be time to change.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

You are most welcome to declare to what you have tried so far. It is an ongoing issue for Virgin costumers. I know you have already read Shad0wmanUK's post from one of many threads dealing with Virgin and connectivity issues. It is worth quoting his answer from one of these threads.

[quote user="Shad0wmanUK"]

Virgin have been having issues with Xbox Live for coming up to a year now, ever since they introduced new traffic shaping, you'll find many complaints from gamers on their forums and it has been made even worse by the introduction of their faster services leading to more congestion.

There was an independent report a few months back showing them as the network with the  most jitter (bad for gaming) in the UK

Its nothing new and will no doubt get worse. Virgin have known about these issues for a long time and spent most of it denying it was their problem (they started off blaming MW3!) and now they accept they have a problem but don't seem in a hurry to fix it.

It will be affecting your PS3 as well as its not an Xbox live issues, its with Virgin.

[/quote]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.