Cannot connect to xbox live.

Hey all,

First it started with my Netflix. I couldn't get Netflix to connect from my Xbox live. I uninstalled it then reinstalled it. Worked fine. Then screwed up again. So I uninstall...yet again, and install it...then it freezes. So I thought I would run a connection test. It said that my connection to Xbox live wasn't doing so hot. So I go down to my modem and my router...unplug ect ect. Retry...not my xbox wont even connect to live. Says this stuff about MTU isn;t suffient. So I go to my router configuration...completly fine. 1500 on auto..

So I've been working on this for 2 hours now. tried everything everyone has to offer...and nothing. Any combination of ons and offs have been approuched. Figures this happens seeing as I just bought a subscription to Xbox live again today after 3 months of being off of it. Yes, I have had all my updates too...atleast to my knowledge.

I'm asking if anyone has any other solutions. I'm trying to get this fixed before me and my girlfriend move out so we can have netflix. Gonna suck being at college without any form of television seeing as Netflix wont work...nor my damn Xbox live.

Thanks in advance,

MJ

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

same here was playing battlefield bc2 went to netflix and it signed me out. then asked for a xbox live gold account member. when i tryed to sign in i got the connect failed then the mtu fail on a connect test screen. im on a slim useing wireless .and have unpluged the thing and turned my xbox off for bout 5 mins and after every thing booted back up got the same mtu thing .i dont know what else to try or how to chang the seting myself.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey guys! Please start out with our Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx) and see if any of that helps. Maybe reverting your modems/routers to factory defaults and setting it back up, MTU included, would help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.