Cannot connect to Xbox Live

Have been playing Xbox live for a few months now nearly everyday without problems. Is connected with cable not wireless. Was playing perfectly fine 2 days ago then turned it on last night to play and wouldn't connect. Hadn't played around with Internet or Xbox settings before this happened. And my computer and iPad and smartphones can still connect to the Internet. Also I ran the Xbox connection and it had a tick for the Xbox, network and Internet but had a connection error for the Xbox live. I have been on the phone with my ISP and rang Xbox still isn't working. Can someone by any chance help out please?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Hello

Are you seeing an error message after you run the Xbox LIVE Connection Test?

support.xbox.com/.../connection-error-solution 

Try this

Restore Xbox 360 network settings to factory defaults

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network when the network list is displayed.
  1. Select Configure Network.
  2. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults. When prompted, select Yes, Restore to Factory Defaults.

Note This resets the console's network settings only, and not other settings.

1. Turn off your console.
  2. Turn on your console. 
    Wireless only: You will receive a message to configure wireless settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.

Now test your Xbox LIVE connection:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, then select Settings, select System Settings, and select Network Settings.
  2. Select the name of your Wireless Network, or select Wired Network for a wired connection.
  3. Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

If this solution worked, your console will connect to Xbox LIVE:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.