Cannot Connect to Xbox Live, Test Connection is Perfect

Hello,

My xbox live will not work. It shows Network: connected, Internet: connected, Xbox Live: connected, service: up, xbox stores: up, accounts: up, marketplace: up.

I can stream videos etc on the xbox, but when I attempt to join a game it just searches and searches, or on Halo 4 it says the server is unavailable. 

My NAT is open. My MTU is at 1500 and there is no fragmentation. I have tried both wired and wireless. I have a linksys WRT54G (FW: v8.00.7 build 011). I am in Canada. My ISP is Xplornet (Its a 900 Mhz wireless technology, as I am in the country), they say there are no ports blocked. I can play online PC games fine. Speeds are around 3 Mbps down and .512 up.

However I cannot play here and have never been able to. My xbox works on other network setupds (other locations).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there CJancsar!

The problem with a fixed wireless service is that some WISP's (Wireless Internet Service Provider) use private IP addresses. This could cause NAT issues since the connection is already being NAT'd before it gets to your router (WRT 54G). This is known as double NAT. You can check this for yourself if you are suffering from double NAT. Go to status on your router and look up Internet IP Address. If that IP address is between 10.0.0.0 and 10.255.255.255 or 172.16.0.0. and 172.31.255.255 or 192.168.0.0 and 192.168.255.255 then your connection is already being NAT'd before it gets to your router which also will be doing NAT.

Appreciate if you could post up the outcome from a speedtest.

Thanks! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The internet IP is on my router is 169.254.1.1 ... I think my ISP has other equipment that I don't have access to which has the actual external IP. Here is my speed test (it is usually faster than this):1.7 Mbps down and .39 Mbps up. There are settings to configure my Router into just "Router" mode. I am going to briefly experiment with that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.