Cannot Connect to XBOX Live - Knowledgeable poster (troubleshooting performed)

I cannot connect to XBOX live.  I have attempted all troubleshooting methods, and am not getting a specific error message when I test my connection.

Modem brand & model number: SURFboard SB5101U
Router brand & model number: Linksys by Cisco WRTG542 firmware 1.0.03
Network Connection Type: Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPA2 Personal TKIP+AES
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Black Wireless-N Adapter
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter: No error codes given
What type of internet do you have? Cable
Who is your ISP? Cable America
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen? Your console is connected to the Internet but can't contact Xbox LIVE. Turn your router or modem off and back on, then wait 30 seconds.  Have you restarted your router or modem?

It should also be of note that two Xbox's are connected through this router.  The other Xbox is wired into it, and we have not had any problems connecting to Xbox LIVE for approximately two years.  This other Xbox can currently connect to Xbox Live.  It does not matter whether or not the wired Xbox is on, or connected, the wireless Xbox cannot connect.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Can you try using the wired connection that your other Xbox is using for this one? That would rule out a lot of troubleshooting if it connects fine. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.