Last Friday I was suddenly unable to connect to XBOX Live, receiving the error code 800704DC. I immediately contacted support and went through the following troubleshooting methods:
- Disconnect hard drive and restart
- Clear cache 3 times
- Change Microsoft Account Password
- Verify Microsoft Account security/contact info and settings
- Delete and attempt to download profile
- Attempt to download profile onto USB disk/another console
- Delete/reinstall XBOX Live update
- Reset network settings to default
- Delete 2 system files (I don't recall which ones)
None of these methods were successful and I was told that a specialist would get in touch within 4 days. That didn't happen. Each time I contact support for an update I'm told to just wait longer.
It is so disheartening that this can happen. Through no fault of my own I have lost access to my saved games, my downloaded games, and even Netflix and the only solution is to wait indefinitely. If there's anything else that I can try on my own in the meantime I'd value any suggestions. Maybe closing my account and just starting over again is the best step forward. I could probably earn back all of my achievements before I am finally contacted, haha.