Cannot connect to XBox Live but have Internet

Takes my MW3 special edition Xbox that I got for Christmas about 10 mins to load my profile after I turn it on and when finally loaded not connected to Xbox live. Dan network test numerous times and always getting the message "live connection error message: cannot connect to Xbox live" I've disconnect from my wireless and re connected. Restored factory settin on my Xbox and rest my router. Happened to me last night as well took me about 30 min to finally be able to play my Xbox online. Went to play to igut same issue this time no fix.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Im having the EXACT same problem, i have tried everything, even calling my ISP. Nothing works!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah it sucks I was thinking about calling xbox but i know thats going to be a long process and really dont want to sit up all night and be on the phone with them. Over the weekend it worked fine after i updated it. But not its just taking forever to sign in to my profile  and when it finally does no connect to xbox live I run netowrk test and get the stupid error message cant connect to xbox live solutiong upplug yoru wireless for 30 sec and so on... or your router port is not set up some bull *** like that

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Kumar! I understand you are having some issues connecting to LIVE. In order to better understand your issue, I'd like for you to run a network connection test the next time you get disconnected from LIVE. After that, post back the answers to the bold questions in this guide (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx). Thanks!

Matt: I'd like to help you out, but for best assistance, I'd like you to create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding!

Sorry this didn't help.

Having the same issue with same console type.

Xbox Console refuses to connect, PS3 works fine attatched to same switch.

Both are wired not wifi.

Interesting thing I see on the iPad connected to same network is trying to connect to Xbox.com via safari and xbox live app is that both seem to be going through a massive number of redirects. Safari never connects, but Xbox app on iPad will eventually. Safari complains of to many redirects and stops trying.

I do believe there is a problem with live logins.

Also had a problem last night trying to download updates. Was able to finally get them down after MANY attempts. Have not been able to log in since.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Phink! As above, for my best service please create a new thread in this forum detailing your issue and any steps you have taken so far to resolve the issue. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.