cannot connect to Xbox Live anymore

Hi there,

since 3 weeks ago I was able to connect and play online.

Then I moved to my new house and received a new Vodafone station. Cable connected to Vodafone station I have a router NetGear WNR2000 with DHCP enabled, no mac address filtering. The router has ip 10.0.0.1 and dhcp gives addresses from 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.254.

Every single wifi device in the house ( 2 laptops, wii and 2 ipad) can connect to it with no prob and browse the web, but Xbox cant.

In the beginning I thought that the signal was not strong enough, so I bought a repeater, but despite the 4 bars in the signal, still XBox gives the error message at netowrk level saying that it cannot obtain IP address.

I then tryied cable conneting XBOX to the router and succesively to the modem (vodafone station)...still no success.

I tried manually assigning an ip address (10.0.0.99) to my xbox (subnet mask 255.255.255.0, gatway 10.0.0.1, DNS 10.0.0.1) but again no success.

can you please help me?

Thank you in advance

Francesco (italy)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If you haven't unplugged your modem and router then you can try restoring the factory defaults on the console. From system settings>network settings>configure network> additional settings> restore factory defaults

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

what wireless encryption (WEP, WPA, WPA2) are you using?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.