Cannot connect to Xbox Live - All ideas attempted!

G'day Guys - i know this is a common one however every post/idea i have read has not helped me at all!

My Xbox live was working fine last week - this week i go to play Battlefield as per usual and it wont connect to live! i didnt care - and when i tried it again a few days later it was the same result! After spending a good 8 hours on help pages etc I have tried everything from connecting my xbox directly to my router, running it via my Mac and Pc and everything in between!

The error messages are not consistent! Sometimes it will connect to Internet and say its a Port problem (iv forwarded all ports - tried everything port related) and then other times it wont connect to the internet at all (checked with ISP and bypassed routers etc)

Any ideas? Im at my wits end - thinking of trading it in for a PS3 again as i didnt have these same damn issues with my old one - for the life of me i cant work out what to do! Iv edited every setting 100000 times - are some xbox's just not compatible with certain routers etc? What alternatives do i have? oh and iv reset everything/tried different mixes of ips/dsns/ports/links/routers and even repeaters to ensure its not a signal strength issue!

Cheers guys! Help me fast! gotta get back to B3!!! :P

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Sorry to hear about that can you give this link a go support.xbox.com/.../cant-connect-to-xbox-live-wizard If that does not work try downloading your acc. Thanks BF Guy :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, Tregetour4! Can I ask you to please take a look at this sticky and fill out and post the section at the end if necessary: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx This will enable us to get a better read on your situation so we can get to the bottom of this expeditiously. Thanks in advance!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.